Monday, October 29, 2012

yummy fall salad

Here’s a yummy fall salad that I concocted from looking at several recipes, and knowing what my family likes….maybe I’ll be “cornily” creative and call it (drum roll please…)

IMAG0238Fall Into Salad  (insert groaning laughter)

Assemble the following:

- 2 heads romaine lettuce, washed and chopped.

- one apple, one pear chopped

- 1/2 pound of crisped bacon, crumbled

- 1/2 of a small container of feta cheese

- package of craisins

- 1 cup of cinnamon toasted pecans (this is done by placing 1 cup of pecans in a sauce pan and heating them with 2 T of sugar and 1/4 t of cinnamon…stirring constantly until coated and delicious…)

IMAG0239For the dressing:

- 2 large spoonfuls of homemade blackberry jam (or your favorite jam – I like raspberry, strawberry and peach too!)

- a splash of apple cider vinegar

- a splash of EVOO

As you can see, I am not particular with my measurements, I go by sight.  So make it as you like it.  The total amount of dressing came out to be about 1/2 to 3/4 cup.

IMAG0241Mix all of the ingredients together and serve with a yummy sweet bread.  We happened to have Cinnamon Sugar pretzels with ours……Anna (and the rest of the solid food eaters) loved it!

And this is because I can….

IMAG0232

We were at church in the children’s choir room playing with the scarves – Hadleigh thought they were hilarious!

No comments: