Here’s a yummy fall salad that I concocted from looking at several recipes, and knowing what my family likes….maybe I’ll be “cornily” creative and call it (drum roll please…)
Assemble the following:
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, washed and chopped.
- one apple, one pear chopped
- 1/2 pound of crisped bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 of a small container of feta cheese
- package of craisins
- 1 cup of cinnamon toasted pecans (this is done by placing 1 cup of pecans in a sauce pan and heating them with 2 T of sugar and 1/4 t of cinnamon…stirring constantly until coated and delicious…)
- 2 large spoonfuls of homemade blackberry jam (or your favorite jam – I like raspberry, strawberry and peach too!)
- a splash of apple cider vinegar
- a splash of EVOO
Mix all of the ingredients together and serve with a yummy sweet bread. We happened to have Cinnamon Sugar pretzels with ours……Anna (and the rest of the solid food eaters) loved it!
And this is because I can….
We were at church in the children’s choir room playing with the scarves – Hadleigh thought they were hilarious!