Peanut Butter….a sure way to mommy’s heart.
But here’s the deal…there is a lot more that you can do with that mass amount of sugar sitting in your home, beckoning your name. Asking you to eat it. Here’s just a few ideas…and because you are awesome, I am sure you have a few of your own – or you’ve already done some yourself with your satchel of sweets.
- sort by brand
- sort by chocolate, hard candy, chewy candy
- sort by wrapper color
- sort by size
- make a graph of the colors of wrappers
- estimate how many pieces total
- group by 5s, 10s, etc. and count
- draw a turkey on construction paper and glue candies to him
- open a few different types: hypothesize if they will change at all if left out, if heated in the microwave, if frozen
- open candies, dump them out and save the wrappers. See if you can write a story together using the wrappers as part of the story and glue them in as the “words”. (EX: The astronaut flew to the Milky Way./My cat is named kit-kat and sometimes (tootsie) rolls over.)