Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's All His - even Hudson's teeth

So the song Yours by Steven Curtis Chapman has been in my head recently - a lot. And then in devo last night, the title of the devo was "It's All His", and the fact that we are living in someone else's space and it's not ours and belongs to Him has been constantly on my mind. So, do you think God's trying to teach me something? uhhh, maybe! I came to this great epiphany this morning after Hudson's dentist appointment where we found out we are going to have to get his two front teeth extracted.

Yes, Hudson will be toothless. We haven't decided if it will be until he gets adult teeth, or if it will be until he gets baby dentures, but after we see the oral surgeon, there will be no more front baby teeth for Hudson. This is all from that fall he had onto the tile floor when he was 18 months old. Crazy enough as it is, it has taken that long for the roots to become infected and now he has "bacteria" in his roots and "lesions" on his gums. As the dentist is telling me this, I am thinking, "my baby - his poor teeth!" Then, "Oh my goodness, how are we going to pay for all of this?" While driving back, I just kept thinking, it's all His. Give it over to Him. Don't worry about the finances, it is something that needs to be done. My new mantra - it's all His, it's all His, it's all His.

Less than 10 minutes later I am talking to my wonderful husband and he shares with me some incredible news. News that blows my socks off. News that reminds me it is ALL HIS. News that brings me to tears. (no, we didn't sell our house, but that's HIS too, so I am not worrying about that either!) This news brings joy to my soul and reinforces the beauty that no matter what circumstances I am in, we will be cared for. And so - less than 30 minutes after we find out we will probably have a large payment for teeth - or the loss of teeth - we find out that in God's workings there will be help for this. Amazing.

Check out these lyrics to the song... (it's on YouTube to listen too as well if you search it)

And its all Yours, God, Yours, God
Everything is Yours
From the stars in the sky
To the depths of the ocean floor
And its all Yours, God, Yours, God
Everything is Yours
All the greatness and power, the glory and splendor and majesty
Everything is Yours
Yeah, it's all Yours
We are Yours

The glory and honor is Yours, everything is Yours
It's all Yours, God
My life is Yours, my heart is Yours
My hands and my feet are Yours
Every song that I sing
It's all Yours, all is Yours
All belongs to You
Our gifts are Yours, God
All our dreams are Yours, God
All our plans are Yours, God
The whole earth is Yours, God
Everything is Yours

1 comment:

lifelaughterchaos said...

i love news like that...the kind that does just knock your socks off...not because of the news itself, but because of God's incredible faithfulness and timing!