Wednesday, February 13, 2013

there are legends

Hudson hasn’t had front teeth for 4 years.  Actually, about 4 years and 6 months to be exact.  But right after Christmas, we realized that those front ‘toofers’ were on their way in.  Hudson had celebrated his last “All I Want for Christmas is my 2 Front Teeth” Christmas.

A few nights ago, the cutie was hungry before bed – so he wisely chose an apple, and wanted me to cut it.  I gently reminded him that he could eat it without me cutting it for him and proceeded to reteach my “baby boy” how to eat an apple.  He wanted to bite it on the side like he has been doing for the past four years.

As he’s biting, he says to me,

“Mommy, you know, there are LEGENDS about people biting apples and losing their teeth.”  (I proceed to crack up…and take this picture as he is reading…and turn to tuck the camera away.)

IMG_2409

30 seconds later….

IMG_2413

Yup.  His LEGEND came true.  That’s his tooth.  In the apple.  We thought it was hilarious.

IMG_2414

Man…I love this kid.

IMG_2417