Thursday, June 24, 2010

Toy Story 3!

Hudson has been anxiously awaiting the release of Toy Story 3, not only because Toy Story is his all time favorite flick, but because it is to be his first movie in a cinema.  He giggles at all the same spots that he did 2.5 years ago, repeats the same lines and still plays with his Buzz Lightyear and Woody the Cowboy.  If I didn’t know any better I’d think they modeled Andy after Hudson.

Today was the much anticipated day.   I have to admit, we were really excited too.  Chris because radiation is done and he was raring for a good movie (he’s one of those that read all the reviews and he couldn’t believe the raving of the critics on this one).  Me, well, I’m nostalgic. 

I clearly remember my first movie.  I was five like Hudson.  My dad took me on a special date to the movies to see Annie.  And I wore a pretty dress.  After the movie, my dad bought me the Annie soundtrack (on record). 

I wanted Hudson to love this experience, and hope it is one that will stick with him for a long time.  That is part of the reason we waited till he was five.  Movies are expensive and we don’t think they are worth it if you aren’t old enough to sit through the movie and enjoy it! :o)  Needless to say, Hugs definitely enjoyed it.

IMG_2223This is him pulling out of the driveway.  He and Miss Kate (who watched Anna so we could go with just Hudson) had made a cool sign together.  He was so excited he had to put the sign in the window so everyone knew he was going to the movies.  He kept asking, “Do you think they saw my Toy Story sign?  You think they know I’m going to the theater?”IMG_2224

This is his cool sign.  He could nearly contain himself while outside getting tickets.

IMG_2228

Waiting for the flick to start.  Oh yes….he brought Woody to the movie as well!IMG_2232

All of us outside after the “story” had ended.  It was so much fun!  A memory Chris and I will hold dear for a long time, and hopefully Hudson will too.