Saturday, August 2, 2008

NYC Birthday

For my birthday, my wonderful husband surprised me with a trip to New York City - no children - just us! We left early on Friday morning the 25th and headed toward the train station. I had no idea where we were going, I was just instructed to have my bag packed. Once we got to the train station platform, I was presented with two tickets to NYC. We had an incredible time - relaxing, yet busy, and lots of yummy food. I keep saying that the trip seemingly revolved around what we were currently eating, and what treat or meal would come next! Of course, we had to take in a show since our hotel was only 2 blocks from Times Square and the Theater District. We saw Legally Blond - not just because it's one of my favorite movies, but because my thorough husband did a lot of research and it is one of the most highly acclaimed shows on Broadway right now...for a great reason! We couldn't stop smiling and laughing during the performance, and Chris is still singing the songs, a week later! We hit Times Square, many good restaraunts, Central Park, St. Paul's Cathedral and several other hot spots. We had an incredible time...memorable and one of my best birthdays ever!



Us before a night out on the town - like real people! We even got to stay up late and eat desserts at a diner after the show!


It was a MEGA - HIT!


One of our "TOP TEN" highlights - outside the Ed Sullivan theater.

Jamba, Jamba, JAMBA!!! Oh, how I've missed you! The perfect birthday treat!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, yes, a great birthday - maybe my favorite in JAMBA!!! I treated myself to a JAMBA treat when I was in NYC in January - I think I was the only crazy nut drinking a frozen drink in January in the City - but, can't pass up a good JAMBA!!!

The Wyler Family said...

wow, what an exciting surprise! happy birthday!

lifelaughterchaos said...

oh how i love new york!