Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"Homesick" and Home


Here are a few things I am missing about Arizona at the moment:


1) Merle, Tracy, Jill and Andrea - sometimes ya just need a girlfriend to call who knows the whole story and nothin' but the whole story without having to tell it all over again.


2) Tropical Smoothie - Man, could I go for a nice Sunrise, Sunset right now!


3) Warm weather and Sunshine - I don't think my legs have seen the light of day in PA for about 6 months now and that is rather scary...I don't even know if they've seen a razor in that long - JUST KIDDING! I don't want to scare off anyone at the gym and I still sleep in the same bed as my husband ;) Or - how about Spring shows up here and I can at least see the sunlight for more than 20 minutes with temperatures above 60?

4) My mountains behind the house - who couldn't miss a good hike or looking at these? (Thanks to Joanne West Photography for that shot)

What I am thankful for at Home:

1) Great new friends that I am loving and enjoying the times I have to get to know them. Friends that are truly accepting me for who we are and what we are all about.

2) Creeks, parks, green grass, hills, manure, mountains, farms, rain, cloudy days, wind, spring flowers - exploring water with bunches (and bunches) of little boys - I love that they don't care how cold the water is!

3) That my kids are making new friends too - and even get emails from their new friends!

4) My mom to mom group at church that has been a great encouragement and blessing to my life here. (Marion, Whitney, Beckie, Kori, Dana, Dawn, Meredith, Barb, Beth T.)

5) That we have a home to live in that is dry, warm, safe (not ant free ;), scorpion-free (unless we brought some with us), until our AZ house sells. It even has a big backyard to play in!

6) That we are getting to know our neighbors and enjoying time on their front porch.

7) Our new church family that has welcomed us with open arms and opened their homes to us as well.

8) and much more that I won't bore you with....Thank you Lord for your faithfulness - each day is a new day full of your mercy!

No comments: