Saturday, August 4, 2012

blueberries

IMAG0879

A week before Hadleigh arrived, the kids and I ventured to a local blueberry field to load up on one of our favorite blueberries.  Besides the fact that we eat a couple of pounds fresh (yes, I said pounds :=) We freeze a bunch to have for the winter.  We like them frozen, in blueberry coffee cake and in blueberry baked oatmeal.

I have a good friend that was SURE that the baby would come out swimming, walking or picking blueberries.  None happened, but I am pretty sure she’ll like blueberries as much as her siblings!IMAG0874IMAG0875

See? She was berry picking in the womb!

IMAG0877

10 pounds later, my helpers and I were ready to go! Thankful to God for a place to live in where we can have farm fresh produce to store for yummy eating over the colder months!

IMAG0880

PS…I do need to also mention that my Grandmother, Mom and Alli also helped to can peaches, blackberry jam and chopped tomatoes the week after Hadleigh arrived.  I could never have done that on my own.  What a big blessing!

No comments: