Sunday, September 29, 2013

fall and donuts

Fall is undeniably here.  The sun is warm, but the air is crisp.  The apples are sweet and tart.  Soccer cleats and shin guards are strewn all over our garage and the car is packed with chairs and blankets.  God’s palette has turned the landscape into beautiful hues of yellowing greens, purples, and oranges.

And my family is addicted to all things pumpkin.donuts 1

(That’s our new bamboo floor, btw.  I love it.)

Like pumpkin donuts for example.  Deliciousness.  And really, it takes a lot to say that – because call me strange, I don’t love it as much as everyone else does.  Take Chris – if you put pumpkin spice in anything (Pumpkin Pie Water Ice from Rita’s, Pumpkin Spice Latte from DD or St. Arbucks) he’ll down it.  I even got him pumpkin spice pancake syrup and he’s liking it.donuts

But these yummy things are de-lish-us.  In a Sunday morning search for something yummy to make (Hudson wanted to make donuts with our donut maker), but I found these and they were so much better.  Baked, whole wheat, made with pumpkin and dripping in cinnamon and sugar.  I’ve got you hooked, right?  Or should I say, I’ve got you drooling?

I sent a picture to Chris at church (because he’s there by 7), and he was jealous.  Not just a little bit, but a lot jealous.  Maybe it’s not right to tease a man who is dedicating his morning (and life) to serving Christ and leading others in Worship to the King, but  as his wife I felt it necessary to share the delights he was missing out on.  And a little devilish as it may be, it was fun. :)

Now, click this link and go make some donuts.   Really.  Go.  Now.

No comments: