Friday, September 7, 2012

Back to School 2012

anna first day

Anna Banana went back to school yesterday….she was so excited to get back into the swing of school.  She looked darn cute headed into preschool in that green dress.  She picked it out because “gween is your favolit color mama!”  Because many of her friends started Kindergarten this year, she is already talking about when she goes with Hudson to school next year.  She says her favorite part of school is finger painting :o)

IMG_1523

Hudson is in the full swing of second grade now….It is really hard for me to believe that he is in second grade.  If I were still teaching, he’d be in one of my friend’s rooms from my grade level, for when I was in the classroom, that was my team…my age…

In all honesty, it’s been a little hard for me to see him in this grade.  He will excel, I have no doubt – I hope that his teacher wants parent helpers, as I really would love the opportunity to still be in his classroom when he still thinks it is cool his mom comes in.  And I know that as he continues, teachers use parent helpers less and less.  He says his favorite part of school so far is Daily 5 and getting to write stories with his buddies during free time in the room.  They already completed their first work of fiction entitled “Time Time”.

IMG_1524

The first Friday after school started, we continued our tradition with the Lehmans for a back to school cookout and special cake dessert.  This year we rocked a “wheel of fortune” cake because it is currently Hudson’s favorite show and Wii game.  (He’s an old man in a little man’s body, I tell ya!)

IMG_1529

I love that we’ve been doing this for three years and we can already see them growing (in the pictures and in personality, as well).  And of course this year, Braxton is holding the newest addition to the clan – evening out the number to six “little” people.IMG_1530

No comments: