Saturday, April 10, 2010

my buddy and me

kimbethvf

My best friend Kim lives in Connecticut.  Translation – I get to see her in person once a year, twice if I’m lucky.  I’m lucky so far, because it is April, and I get to see her – that means I have 8 more months to try to make it happen again! 

Her hubby is at a men’s retreat (as a staff member) at an upscale resort about 2 hours away from us….so we met in the kinda middle and went shopping for the day.  Shopping, no kids, no responsibilities, lunch and walking around enjoying a friendship that is so sweet and cherished to both of us.  It’s been almost 10 years since we graduated from college, we’ve been together probably a dozen times in person since then, but yet it seems like we live right down the street from one another still.

Could be because we talk at least every other day.  Praise God for free in-network ATT calls! :)

Philippians 1:3

I thank my God every time I remember you.

3 comments:

Knocker Boys said...

That's a good thing!

Did you buy anything?

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got to spend some alone time with Kim...
Mom

Flamingo said...

wow...i wish i could have spent some time with Kim! that sounds fun!

no kids...no responsibilities? tell me again what that is:) lol lol