Monday, November 24, 2008

Day 4 Recovery

So, Day 4 Recovery has arrived - it is 4 days post-surgery and my leg is healing nicely. I think so, at least. Like most surgeries, it wasn't one that I was really looking forward to, but after the recovery, it'll be well worth the temporary pain for the long term "not pain". :o) At least, that's the goal. I had vascular surgery on my leg on Thursday to help with continuing pain since my pregnancy/delivery of Anna. I'll spare you the nitty-gritty details, but she was induced a little early to help with this ... and if I got a healthy little baby Anna over and over, I'd do it a million times over. (I know, I'm one of those weirdos out there that really enjoy pregnancy). In short, the veins and pains (hehe, that rhymes!) didn't go away after delivery, so when I have been running, or on feet a lot, my right leg has ached, throbbed, etc.

I got referred to an incredible Doc from our church and he has done a phenomenal job. He even checked up on my post-surgery recovery while at service on Sunday - he happened to see me and took the time to come check - how awesome is that?!? Anyway - my leg is purple, black, pink, red and starting to get green, which means it's getting better. :) I have four incisions, one at the very top of my inner thigh, and then 3 more at varied intervals down to the mid section of my inner calf. They used a crochet hook type needle to dig around in there and pull out the offenders. At least that is what I'm told....I was blissfully sound asleep. After the fact, I was kinda wishing I would've asked to have the veins saved so I could at least see the little boogers that were the pain-inducing noodly tubes. Some of you are grossed out. That's ok - at least I knew I wouldn't be able to handle seeing it done. That wasn't an option. And if it was, I still would've declined. All I do know is that the IV medicine they use to make you go to sleep is some good stuff.

Thanks to my wonderful and devoted husband, I was well cared for and was able to rest and stay off my feet as long as I needed. 2 friends were rockin' and helped care for my kids before my mom could get here to watch the kids while I was in surgery. And Grandmom made us dinner on Thursday night and then also took Hudson for the weekend to her house to give me a little bit of an easier time during recovery. I still have to have my leg up when I can and have it wrapped tightly. Two wonderful friends also brought us meals - even one who proclaims she doesn't cook - I don't know, but for someone who doesn't cook, it tasted pretty delish! The body of Christ is a cool thing to be the recipient of it in action....and witness people using gifts and talents they don't even realize they are exercising. What a blessing, what a gift.


FrogMama said...

Glad to hear that your recovery is going well. I remember when you were dealing with all of that... no fun! A speedy full recovery for you :)

Marion said...

Seriously, did not need to hear all about that again. YUCK! But I am glad that you are recovering... and I hope that you don't have anymore pain.

Flamingo Mama said...

doesn't sound like fun.i'm glad you are doing well now. you ARE one of those weirdos!;)