Saturday, April 20, 2013

imaginary friends and fashionistas

My girl is a fashionista.  Seriously.  She loves clothes. IMG_2451IMAG0395

(this is Anna taking Hadleigh in for show and tell at preschool – awwww, too cute, right?)

She has a style ALL.her.own.  And she looks cute doing it.

She has more dress up outfits than your average local playhouse. Not kidding. I love her imagination – she has an imaginary friend, that she’s had since she began talking. Her name is Jula. No, I didn’t’ misspell anything – it’s pronounced jew-lah. Every once in a while, her other imaginary friend, Nina, pops in as well.

Anna has a REAL friend too. (Well, she is quite the social butterfly, so she has more than “a” friend). Her name is Courtlyn, and Court enjoys outfitting herself in various fancy-ness on occasion as well.IMG_2615

In the middle of the night when I couldn’t sleep, I had this fabulous idea. Why not make a fashion show in the basement and I’d be a photographer for the girls? So we did. We made a sign, a runway, and set up a fashion gallery, complete with special guest American Doll Girl Julie, Ariel and Rapunzel. B-listers included puppy, Pooh, and kitty.

IMG_2614

Work it…to the tunes of Disney Princess Pandora Radio. :-)

IMG_2620

Strike a pose…

IMG_2623IMG_2625IMG_2627IMG_2637

This special show also included a very important intermission for the guests to dine on delicious treats that were created by the model chefs in the Smith Café.

At the conclusion of the show, the models made one last appearance at the request of the audience.  Bravo!  Smashing success!IMG_2639

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what a great idea beth!!! those girls are precious and strike some fierce poses ;)

Bekah said...

That is adorable!! They know how to work a camera - I need Anna to teach me how to not look like a dork in all my pics! Haha

I had an imaginary friend when I was little...his name was Jack:)